SBN Data by "Mission"
The Small Bodies Node supports and archives data from a number of spacecraft missions as well as other programs, investigations, and surveys. A list of missions along with the type of small body data that SBN has is provided below.
Planetary and Small Body Missions
These are missions whose primary purpose was to explore planets and/or small bodies.
- BRRISON: C/2012 S1 (ISON)
- Cassini: Interplanetary dust
- Contour: Safed ground calibrations
- Dawn: 1 Ceres, 4 Vesta
- Deep Impact: 9P/Tempel 1, Earth/Moon/Jupiter as calibrators
- Deep Space 1: 9969 Braille, 19P/Borrelly 1, Cometary Dust
- EPOXI: 103P/Hartley 2, Transiting exoplanet systems; Earth and Mars as exoplanet analogs, Moon as calibrator
- Galileo: 243 Ida and Dactyl, 951 Gaspra, Small planetary satellites, D/SL9, Interplanetary dust
- Giotto: 1P/Halley, Interplanetary dust
- Giotto Extended Mission: 26P/Grigg-Skjellerup
- Hayabusa: 25143 Itokawa
- Mariner 9: Deimos, Phobos
- NEAR: 433 Eros, 253 Mathilde, C/Hyakutake (1996 B2)
- New Horizons: Pluto, Charon, Kuiper Belt Objects, Earth, Jupiter, Jovian satellites and rings, Interplanetary dust, Solar wind
- Phobos 2
- Phobos Sample Return: Phobos, Mars
- Rosetta: 2867 Steins, 21 Lutetia, 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, 9P/Tempel 1, C/2002 T7 (LINEAR), Jupiter, Earth/Mars as calibrators
- Sakigake: 1P/Halley, Interplanetary dust
- Stardust: 5535 Annefrank, 81P/Wild 2, Cometary dust
- Stardust-NExT: 9P/Tempel 1
- Suisei: 1P/Halley, Interplanetary dust
- Vega 1: 1P/Halley, Interplanetary dust
- Vega 2: 1P/Halley, Interplanetary dust
- Viking Orbiters 1 & 2: Phobos, Deimos
- Voyager 1 & 2: Small planetary satellites
Other Spacecraft Missions
These are missions with primarily non-planetary goals but happened to also collect some small bodies data.
- HST: 1 Ceres, 4 Vesta
- IRAS: Interplanetary dust, Asteroids, 9P/Tempel 1
- IUE: 38 comets including 1P/Halley, 19P/Borrelly 1, 21P/Giacobini-Zinner, 9P/Tempel 1, 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- MSX: Interplanetary dust, Asteroids, Comets
- SOHO: Sungrazing comets
- Ulysses: Interplanetary dust
- ICE/ISEE: 21P/Giacobini-Zinner
International Observing Campaigns
This is data collected from ground-based facilities, rather than spaced-based observatories and missions.
Catalogs of Small Bodies Data Archived Elsewhere